Thinking of upgrading to 2008

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Hi Guys,

I don't know if anyone is interested but I'm thinking of upgrading the project to VS 2008. so if anyone is against this or has some comment to make then this is the time.

Regards
Lee
Feb 26, 2008 at 10:06 AM
Hi Lee,

I think it will be more interesting to see, how checkboxes and/or images can be used with the Superlist control.
What is the advantage of upgrading the project? A lot of developers are still on VS 2005 and I see no need to upgrade to VS 2008.

Regards
Michael
Mar 19, 2008 at 2:49 AM
Hi Lee!

I totally agree with Calimero!

Regards
Mike
Mar 19, 2008 at 4:57 AM
Advantages of 2008
-faster compiling
-can write samples in wpf
-can start to look at upgrading superlist to xaml

I say upgrade.
Mar 19, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Yes! I agree with the upgrade to 2008.
But, there are some issues that I think they should be done first on 2005...

I talk about adding checkboxes and/or images!

Can you explain me why can't you give us some examples?

Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2008 at 2:35 PM
Yep I agree examples showing how to use checkboxes and images would be nice and they are on my list to do. I've been really busy with the stuff that pays the bills recently however I'll try and fit some time in to do the checkboxes and images examples amongst other things - after which I think i'll do a CodePlex release....Then I would like to possibly port the code (what I can) over to Silverlight V2 at which point I'll upgrade to 2008. It would be a good learning experience plus someone might find it uselful :-)

Anyway its good to get your feedback guys, thanks!

Lee
Apr 4, 2009 at 3:30 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2009 at 3:31 AM
Hey Lee,

Great control!  As a side note, it compiles fine with VS2008 (after the project automated project conversion), not sure what else you'd need to do to call it VS2008 compatible (for WinForms applications anyway)...

-- Bobby

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback -  I was thinking more in terms of cleaning some code up,  primarily with the new Lambda expressions. But I'll wait until a new feature make use of something more substantial in the new .net

Regards
Lee