CheckBox and Image Examples

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:29 PM
Hi Lee,

I just love this control!

Can you put here some examples to show how can I had a checkbox or an image to the superlist.

I have a suggestion for your consideration... Could you consider use Component Factory Toolkit (www.componentfactory.com) to improve SuperList style, like Office 2007.

Thank you,

MikeGrozny
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2007 at 3:33 PM
Can you put here some examples to show how can I had a checkbox
Yeah I will be doing this for next tranche of work.

Could you consider use Component Factory Toolkit
Regarding ComponentFactory what exactly would you like improving? Plus of course ComponentFactory isn't free which would be an issue...

I'm glad you like the control :-)

Cheers
Lee
Oct 15, 2007 at 4:44 PM
Edited Oct 15, 2007 at 4:47 PM
Thank you for the quick answer. I'm glad that you've already thought about the examples...

Regarding the ComponentFactory, you can use Krypton Toolkit for free, even for commercial use!!

I like very much the Office 2007 look & fell, and if you want to improve the style of your control, you can use krypton manager, krypton button, krypton form, krypton panel, etc.

For example, I would like to improve:
  • The style of buttons of the group area (button Columns, + and -) - You can use Krypton Button;
  • The panel used on group area (you can use krypton panel);
  • The column headers (On Vista looks more or less fine, but on XP looks like an old control) - You can use ListView_CellPainting method...;
  • The form Column Chooser - You can use Krypton Form...
  • etc.......

If you consider to do some work on that issues, I believe that it will put more value to the already great SuperList Control.

Cheers,

MikeGrozny

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2007 at 10:01 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2007 at 10:04 PM
Hi Mike,

I can see your points, however one of the requirements I set myself was that the control would fit in one assembly which is quite nice for the user. I developed this control for FeedGhost and we glossed (Screenshot) it up quite a bit for FeedGhost by overriding the SectionFactory and the OptionsToolbarSection classes. A similar thing could be done with the Krypton library, where you could create a bridge list class that ties the two together floating separately from the SuperList assembly.

I don't know if I will ever get around to this myself as I don't need this functionality, however if anyone with the time has an interest in doing it I would be willing to help explaining any of the SuperList code etc.

Cheers
Lee
Oct 29, 2007 at 5:03 PM
Hi Lee,

Please, can you put one check box example, please!?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Mike
Nov 3, 2007 at 11:29 AM
Hi Lee,

Nice work with the SuperList. This is just what i needed.

I've started repainting the list using the ProfessionalColorTable (just to see where the painting is done) and i'll be moving to the Kypron palette. I really like the KryptonToolkit because it' very easy to use, but it lacks a DataGridView (well it has one, but it's the WinForms DGV that's just painted) .

What i'm more interested in is if you plan on adding editors to the list (textbox, combobox, checkbox a.s.o.).

Here's an image of how it looks painted with ProfessionalColorTable
http://www.imagehost.ro/viewer.php?img=03122409472c4c49b57b1
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2007 at 10:10 AM
I do want to do something in this area...I'm currently working on row drag drop support...I think after that I'll look into embedding controls into the list. You can already do this but it's not ideal for adding lots of controls in rows / cells as system resources can get eaten up. The ideal method is to only use the control when the user puts focus on the row / cell and just painting it other times. Anyway you can imagine this is quite a bit of work especially since I'm only doing this in my spare time, so it's a way off yet...

The screenshot looks nice BTW :-)

Regards
Lee
Nov 5, 2007 at 11:49 AM
i didn't mean to add editors to each row because that will kill the list; already with 2500+ record the list stats to move quite slow.
the only editor that i see useful is the checkbox, anything else only when the row is selected (and that is how other grids are painted)

here's an ideea for new sections: filter and adding. below the header section display the section separated with a thick horizontal border.
Nov 5, 2007 at 6:33 PM
Hi Jkr,

Could you show me how do you implement the Krypton Toolkit in the SuperList control?

I like very much the new look!!!

Thanks.

Cheers,
MikeGrozny
Nov 5, 2007 at 7:12 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2007 at 7:13 PM
Hi Mike,

Well in that picture it's not the Krypton rendered SuperList, but rendered with the ProfessionalColors. If you want to use the ProfessionalColors than look in the code where the painting is done.
http://www.codeplex.com/Superlist/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Introduction&referringTitle=Home shows the classes where the painting is done.

I tried today to repaint the SuperList with the Krypton Renderer but with no success. I still have to play a little more with the renderer and the sections.

Here's a little bit of code for the HeaderColumnSection. Just replace the block of code in the HeaderColumnSection class, Paint method (do not replace all the paint code! :D)

if( VisualStyleRenderer.IsSupported )
{
VisualStyleRenderer renderer = GetRenderer();

renderer.DrawBackground( gs.Graphics, rc );

rc.X -= 1;
rc.Height -= 1;
if (this.Host.SectionMouseOver == this)
{

if (_leftMouseButtonPressed)
{
gs.Graphics.FillRectangle(new LinearGradientBrush(rc, ProfessionalColors.ButtonPressedGradientBegin, ProfessionalColors.ButtonPressedGradientEnd, LinearGradientMode.Vertical), rc);
}
else
{
gs.Graphics.FillRectangle(new LinearGradientBrush(rc, ProfessionalColors.ButtonSelectedGradientBegin, ProfessionalColors.ButtonSelectedGradientEnd, LinearGradientMode.Vertical), rc);
}

}
else
{
gs.Graphics.FillRectangle(new LinearGradientBrush(rc, ProfessionalColors.ImageMarginGradientBegin, ProfessionalColors.ImageMarginGradientEnd, LinearGradientMode.Vertical), rc);
}
gs.Graphics.DrawRectangle(new Pen(ProfessionalColors.MenuItemBorder), rc);

}
else
{
gs.Graphics.FillRectangle(new LinearGradientBrush(rc, ProfessionalColors.ImageMarginGradientBegin, ProfessionalColors.ImageMarginGradientEnd, LinearGradientMode.Vertical), rc);

if( _leftMouseButtonPressed )
{
}
else
{
}
}
Nov 5, 2007 at 7:18 PM
And here's for the DrawBox

protected virtual void DrawBox( Graphics g, Rectangle rc )
{
g.FillRectangle(new LinearGradientBrush(new Rectangle(rc.Left, rc.Top, rc.Width, rc.Height - 2), ProfessionalColors.ImageMarginGradientBegin, ProfessionalColors.ImageMarginGradientEnd, LinearGradientMode.Vertical), new Rectangle(rc.Left, rc.Top, rc.Width, rc.Height - 2));
g.DrawRectangle(new Pen(ProfessionalColors.MenuItemBorder), new Rectangle(rc.Left, rc.Top, rc.Width, rc.Height - 2));
}

hope this helps for a start.
Nov 6, 2007 at 8:13 AM
Edited Nov 6, 2007 at 8:17 AM
here are some images of the kryptonized super list
office 2007 blue : http://www.imagehost.ro/viewer.php?img=061008464730210e52831
office 2007 black : http://www.imagehost.ro/viewer.php?img=0610092847302138e7f47

and the source code : http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=SuperListKryptonized.rar

there is still more work to be done to look good, but this is a start.
hope you all like it :D

later edit : you'll also need the KryptonToolkit, because the assemblies are not included and to see the rest of the palettes change the global palette in the kryptonmanager1 in the main form
Jan 8, 2008 at 4:20 PM
Hi Jkr,

I'm sorry, but I only saw your reply now.
I thought that whenever I get reply I receive an email.

Can you send me the source code again?

Thank you very much for the replies!

Mike

jkr wrote:
here are some images of the kryptonized super list
office 2007 blue : http://www.imagehost.ro/viewer.php?img=061008464730210e52831
office 2007 black : http://www.imagehost.ro/viewer.php?img=0610092847302138e7f47

and the source code : http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=SuperListKryptonized.rar

there is still more work to be done to look good, but this is a start.
hope you all like it :D

later edit : you'll also need the KryptonToolkit, because the assemblies are not included and to see the rest of the palettes change the global palette in the kryptonmanager1 in the main form

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Edited Jan 12, 2008 at 8:00 AM
Hi Mike,

Here's the link again
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Superlist_10646.rar

The Krypton assemblies have been updated to the last version 2.7.1.
Jan 15, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Hi Jkr,

Thank you very much.

Mike
Nov 27, 2008 at 11:42 AM
Hi Jkr,

This control is amazing! The best  on CodePlex!
  I like very much the Kryptonized look. Can you send me the source code?

email: manuelquelhas@mail.com

Thank you very much.

Quelhas