Group footer

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:36 PM
Hi!

Is there any way to have a group footer, so I can have a row for column totals?

Thanks.

Mike
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2008 at 7:08 AM
Hi Mike,

hmm this one is a little tricky as groups don't actually contain rows as such, however I don't think its impossible :-) You will need to tinker inside the control a little though - In ListSection there is a method called Layout where the groupsection is created, look for the 'CreateGroupSection' method call in it. Basically you need to tinker around in there and:

* Add a delegate Sumation property to the Column object by default set to null with parameters containing the list items for that group returning some string or number.
* Add a new Section type GroupSectionFooter, I would base it on GroupSection and put the relevant declarations in SectionFactory, calling it say CreateGroupSectionFooter.
* In the ListSection.Layout method where you would put the code to instantiate the footer I would check for non nullness of the Summation property and if non null call CreateGroupSectionFooter.

I think that covers it, if you want I can add you as a developer so that if your develop this feature we could all share it :-) I've had a few requests for this feature....

Cheers
Lee
Dec 16, 2008 at 5:03 PM
Hi Lee,

Thanks for answer my question.
I didn't say anything cause I've been away for the last weeks...

I'm not a great developer, and unfortunately I don't have much time to try to add this feature to this control.

I hope that you consider to add this feature, cause I know that's a lot easier for you...

Sorry...

Cheers,
Mike